Who We Are and Our Contact Info
We are SaunaSpace, manufacturer and seller of finely crafted incandescent sauna products. Our founder Brian Richards founded SaunaSpace in 2013 and is currently Chief Operating Officer.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or the practices of or your dealings with the Site, please contact us by one of the following methods:
Phone: toll-free (844) 999-5858, 8am-5pm CT, Monday-Friday, excluding holidays
Physical and Mailing Address: SaunaSpace, 2206 Nelwood Drive, Columbia, MO 65202, USA
Email and Phone support available in English and Spanish.
Third Party Services
In some cases, SaunaSpace® may utilize third-party solutions that collect personal information. In such cases, SaunaSpace® retains all legal rights to this information.
Personal Data We Collect
“Personal information” is information that identifies or is capable of being associated with an identifiable person.
“Aggregate information” is information about the use of the Site, or general demographics that cannot be associated with an identifiable person.
While You Visit Our Site, What We Track
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When You Use Our Cart’s Shipping Calculator
The Country, State/Province/Region and Zipcode/PostCode are sent to one of our shipping calculation service providers.
When You Purchase From Us
We’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If You Purchase A Gift Certificate
What we store & why?
- Coupon code generated for you
- Coupon code passed via URL
- Coupon amount, email & message entered for gift card receiver
We store these data so that we can process it for you whenever required.
If You Create An Account
We will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
We use an email newsletter signup form to collect your Name and Email Address to subscribe you to our email newsletter. You can unsubscribe from our Email Newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter email you received or by notifying us at email@example.com.
Information Collected From Third Party Sites
We may collect information about you from third party web sites in the course of collecting sweepstakes entries or other activities.
We automatically collect certain information when you use the Site, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, and your activity on the Site in order to improve your experience.
We also log information from referring URLs in order to better understand our Customers’ interests and optimize online exposure. This data is for aggregate purposes.
Additionally, we may use traffic log cookies or similar technology on the Site. Traffic log cookies are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Site or in emails relating to the Site to collect certain information and monitor user activity on the Site, such as to count visits, track links, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
We use analytics services to help us analyze how users use the Site. In connection with these analytics services, we or third parties may place cookies, web beacons and other devices or technologies on this Site and other Web sites to collect information and enable the tracking of traffic data. The data collected typically includes information such as your IP address, your ISP and the browser you use, the time spent on Web pages, links clicked, click streams, activities engaged in, and purchases made. If this data is linked to any personally identifying information, then it will be treated as personal information.
Why Do We Collect This Personal Data
We use the information we collect to:
- contact you for administrative purposes or provide you with customer service;
- provide services, send confirmations, complete transactions requested by you and verify that you have submitted a review, question or response in connection with the Site;
- respond to any questions, comments, problems, requests or complaints, or request feedback;
- monitor and analyze site usage and trends and to personalize and improve our products, the Site and our users’ experiences;
- organize the Site to better serve you and customize or develop our products and services;
- send you emails pertaining to our verification process, our policies, and content that you submit;
- investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity or activity that threatens the network or otherwise violates the Usage Agreement;
- provide you with news and information, including promotional emails, about our events, activities, offers, promotions, products, and services we think will be of interest to you.
- contact you for market research purposes. we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Personal information provided on our Site may be linked together or merged with other personal information we obtain about you so that we may better understand your needs and inform you about our products or services.
Who On Our Team Has Access
Trained Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Disclosure of Information
Posts made through the Site are intended to be public. Therefore, any information, including personal information, you post in reviews, comments, questions, answers, groups, forums and other public areas will be publicly available as part of the Site.
The Site and the Services may also offer social sharing features (such as the Facebook “Like” button) or other tools which let you share actions you take on our Site. The use of such features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with third-party social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies for the third parties that provide these social sharing features.
Who We Share Your Data With
We may also share personal information:
- when we have your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SaunaSpace®, our Customers, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to enforce our terms, or protect SaunaSpace® or our Customers from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our Site;
- to enforce or apply this Policy or our other policies or agreements; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of SaunaSpace®.
Our Service Providers are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the Site and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us. The following is a complete list of the Service Providers we use and why.
Payment Service Providers
We accept credit card, Paypal and Paypal Credit payments through BrainTree, a subsidiary of PayPal and Bitcoin Payments through BitPay. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to the payment service provider of the payment method you choose, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Shipping Service Providers
We send information to these providers only for purposes of shipping label and customs document creation in order to fulfill your order.
Product and Site Review Requests and Product Question and Answers Service Provider
We use this service provider to ensure Product Reviews on saunaspace.com are honest and 3rd-party verified to come only from confirmed purchasers of our products. We also use this service provider to manage our Product Question and Answer sections on our Product Pages.
Email Newsletter Marketing Service Provider
We send information to this service provider be able to send you email newsletters about our products, science and informative articles, special offers and surveys.
Legal Document Creation and E-Signature Execution Service Provider
We send the information you enter on any legal document you e-sign on saunaspace.com to this service provider only in order to comply with legal requirements for digital document signing, such as time-stamping and to email you a pdf copy of the signed document.
Analytics Service Providers
We send cookie-based information about you location, IP address and browser type, what links you click on, how you navigate through our website. Your purchasing information is anonymized and aggregated with that of our other customers for reporting and analytics purposes.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How Long Is Your Account Data Stored
We store your account information indefinitely, unless we receive a request from you to deleter your online account information. We’ve decided to store your information to improve your experience as a returning customer and to continue to serve you during your use of our products. You can request deletion of all your account information at any time by emailing us. To request deletion of all of your account information, please follow the instructions below under “Choice, Access and Controlling your Personal Information.”
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
To “opt-out” of receiving promotional e-mail from us, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, please let us know by email at email@example.com. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Please also note that we will take necessary measures to confirm your identity for complying with any request to delete account information.
To receive an export of all of your online account information from our database, please please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will take necessary measures to confirm your identity for relinquishing any personally identifying information.
Please note that opting out of promotional emails will not prevent you from receiving administrative communications, such as those concerning the operation of the Site or order information, or about a review, question, answer or comment you have submitted.
We do not intend, and the Site is not designed, to collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years old, you should not register with or otherwise provide personal information to our Site.
We use reasonable security measures in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. We cannot, however, guarantee protection of all information against interception, misappropriation, misuse, or alteration, or that your information may be not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others. Furthermore, we have no control over the security of other sites you might visit or with which you may interact or do business.
Data Protection Officer
Our data protection officer is Brian Richards. He may be contacted at email@example.com, or by calling us toll-free (844) 999-5858 Monday – Friday, excluding holidays, from 8am – 5pm CT.